Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- You are required to show your library card in order to borrow library material.
- Your Northern College student or staff ID card is your library card.
- If you are a registered Northern College part-time student but you were not issued a student ID you can request a library card at the circulation desk in your campus library.
- Community and Alumni borrowers may also request library cards. To be issued a library card we require photo ID such as a drivers license or a piece of ID with your name on it and a piece of mail with your name and address.
Books and Periodicals
- Circulating books are located on open shelves in all three campus libraries.
- Materials are shelved according to the Library of Congress call number system.
- Most books in the library may be borrowed for 2 weeks.
- Books can be renewed up to two times if no one else has requested them.
- In heavy demand books may be restricted to one week only.
- Late fines for ALL books are $1.00/day per book
- You can renew your library item(s) a maximum of 2 times if:
- no other borrower has placed a hold for the item(s)
- the maximum number of renewals for the item has not been reached
- outstanding fines on your account do not exceed $10.00
- Renewals can be made online through your college library account, in person or by phone.
- Laptops can not be renewed.
- Reserve collections contain current textbooks and other material in high demand that faculty have assigned as required reading.
- During the Fall 2020 semester, reserves are by request only. You can request digital access to a chapter by emailing email@example.com.
Inter-library Loan (ILL)
- Can't find the book you need at the LRC? We can bring in the book from another college library!
- You can make a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or ask at the circulation desk for us to order it.
- DVDs are located in a separate shelving section and can be accessed only by library staff.
- Lending policies vary by campus. Contact your campus Library Technician for more details.
Short-term laptop loans are available at each campus library.
- You will be required to present your valid student ID card and fill out a loan agreement in order to check out a laptop.
- Unreturned and/or damaged laptops will result in a maximum charge of $2000 charged to student accounts; which must be reconciled before transcripts and diplomas are issued.
- Late fines for laptops are $10 per day.
- Lost Items: The laptops come with three (3) items; a laptop charger, a mouse, and a network cable. If you lose items you are required to replace them at the following prices:
Laptop Charger: $100.00
Network Cable: $5.00
GoPro Hero 4 cameras and accessories are available at each campus library.
- You will be required to present your valid student ID card and fill out a loan and use agreement in order to check out a GoPro.
- Unreturned and/or damaged GoPros will result in a maximum charge of $550 charged to student accounts; which much be reconciled before transcripts and diplomas are issued.
- Late fines for GoPros are $10 per day.
Monday to Thursday 8am-8pm
Saturday & Sunday 10am-3pm
Monday to Friday 8am-8pm
Closed for Lunch 12-1pm
Saturday & Sunday Closed
Monday to Thursday 8am-9pm
Saturday & Sunday 12-4pm